Total Pageviews

Friday 10 December 2010

Enrolment Day

So finally the day has come where 27, yes 27 (rather full course), eager wannabe commercial pilots arrived at Oxford Aviation Academy to enrol on an integrated Ab Initio course. Collectively known as course AP321, we started at 9am, meeting in the lounge area where we were left to introduce ourselves to each other. This seemed to be fairly simple as the Facebook group I set up was fairly popular and so it was easy to recognise people and put names to faces.

We were then allocated uniforms and tested all of the clothing for size. This was good fun as I have been waiting to get my OAA epaulettes for some time and wear them proudly!

We were shown all the health and safety stuff and the do's and don'ts of the school and accommodation (for those in UH* and LH**). We had a visit from the local GP for blood pressure tests and to look over our applications for local medical centre, which was pretty simple and involved yet more paperwork, which I guess I should get used to!

I am now in my new accommodation with my new housemates, Sari, Laura, Priyesh, Sara and Tia the kitten. Everybody is lovely judging by first impressions and the like. Settled in to my room thanks to my fantastic parents and lovely girlfriend helping to move all my clutter into my shell of a room.

So far so good, here's to the next 16-18 months!
Sam

*UH= Upper Heyford, Oxford Aviation Academy student accommodation located on an old US Airforce base 11 miles from Oxford London Airport.

**LH= On site accommodation for OAA students

2 comments:

  1. Finally in place to live the dream. Hope the reindeer is giving you a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!

    Very helpful information specifically the last part :) I care for
    such info much. I was seeking this particular information for a very

    long time. Thank you and good luck

    Cheapest student apartments in Manchester | Closest student accommodation to Manchester University

    ReplyDelete