Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 December 2010

Christmas :D

Today is my last day of Oxford Aviation before Christmas, well it should have been had the snow not dumped all 14 inches of itself all over Oxfordshire.
I came home on Monday (it is now Thursday) after hearing that all GS classes had been cancelled as not only students but instructors couldn't make it into the airport and it would have been highly unlikely that many people could get in, therefore completely time inefficient to teach these few and not the class as a whole. As we are the latest course to arrive at OAA, we were the lowest priority as we have no exams until the end of January and so were told just to make it home safely and we'll catch up on lost time in the new year.

I felt that the disruption was dealt with very professionally and sensibly by OAA and it was very nice of them to allow us an extended scope for celebrating Christmas! However, there is no escaping it fully, as AP321 has been introduced to CBT (computer based training) and can access the lessons, tests and homework from any computer in the world, so I don't think "Sorry sir, the dog ate my keyboard" would go down well if the work wasn't done either, however, it would only hinder the persons own progress if they chose to ignore it.

I had a mostly pain-free trip home and despite numerous and lengthy delays at Oxford and Birmingham New Street train station it was, so good to come back to my own bed again! Home certainly is where the heart is...

I would like to wish everyone reading and all of my fantastic new friends and coursemates at OAA the happiest of Christmases and a safe and prosperous new year!
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment