Total Pageviews

Friday 17 December 2010

1/27 Weeks of Ground School Done

So the week has finished and the sun has set on the first week of GS for the 321. Infact, I cannot believe it has been a week! It has gone so, so quickly, however, I can physically feel my head is heavier with knowledge. Whether it relates to Meteorology, DC electrics, Aircraft Systems, Instruments etc, one week in GS packs a definite academic punch.

I have been trying to get myself into a routine whereby, I do my day at OAA, come home and have an hour to relax a bit and have some grub and then study from about 18:30-22:30, by which stage, I am most certainly ready to sleep to recharge my batteries for another day. I think this is the only way to maximise and make sure you digest all you can from the books in this early stage to get the basic understandings of the vital elements of each subject and their topics, so these basics can be built upon in later lessons.

Today was what is known as POETS day ( I don't know if that is a course thing or a general OAA term for Friday). Basically it means, 'P!5s Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday' so it seems the instructors are fairly chilled out on the final day of the week. Our Theory of Flight instructor was also off ill today so two of our periods were cancelled and we had it as private study. Which, was beneficial as I had planned on a night off tonight, so I utilised my free periods to the maximum by studying ToF and Human Performance.

The 321 will be heavily featured in The Black Horse tonight, sporting many decorations in the liquid form and singing modern day chart carols out in Oxford tonight.

A funny and successful week,
A night well deserved by everyone in the 321 :D

No comments:

Post a Comment