Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 January 2012

PT3- Busy Busy Busy

Today I passed my PT3, with a grade 2.

Seeing as it is graded officially from 1-6 (1 being perfect and 6 being a re-take), I was very very pleased!
It didn't look good when my upper winds were forecasted as 25kt and the winds were gusting 20 when I was landing but there isn't time to delay my flights so I went for it.

It was a really good flight and the only thing that prevented me from getting a 1 is that, on one of my practiced engine failures, I was too high on final on the dirt strip I chose to make a forced landing on.

I have four flights flights over the next two days (26th & 27th Jan) which will then leave me with only 2 lessons before PT4 and then my CPL Cross Country Qualifier (a 5 hour flight with two land-aways) and then any invoice time (when lessons get cut short, the time gets banked and this banked time is known as invoice flights).

I aim to have my first flight on the Seneca next Wednesday (1st February) and cannot wait! First I have to focus on the holding procedures and PT4....


Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment